Our SENIOR pastor
In 1988 we laid hands on Joseph Paul Daniel and sent him to Cape Town to plant a church, which eventually became a large international ministry. Under Pastor Paul’s leadership, this ministry became one of the greatest ministries God has ever raised up in South Africa. During his years at the helm, the apostolic office and anointing became evident. I give full credit to my son in the Lord for his faithfulness, commitment and obedience to God. Only eternity will reveal the true fruit of his work! I’m thrilled that after a leave of absence from the ministry, Pastor Paul launched “Gateway Christian Family Church” in 2014. I wholeheartedly endorse and support Paul in this new venture and am fully persuaded that the good work which God began in him will be completed to His glory and honour. Paul is more than qualified by God’s grace to finish his race in Jesus' name and to God’s glory. Pastor Paul has been my greatest joy and given me many reasons to be proud of him as a spiritual son.
Dr Henry Wolmarans PhD; D.Min
- Gateway CFC is affiliated with Christian Family Church International under the leadership of Dr Theo Wolmarans and the apostolic oversight of CFC International.
- Gateway CFC functions as a local church that’s evangelical in doctrine, charismatic in expression and reformed in its understanding of the family, church and state.
- Our desire is to be an authentic New Testament church with the central theme of our message being the cross of Calvary and our resurrected Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God has called our fellowship to be a Gateway to Heaven, the House of God, where His elect may find eternal life and the true worship of Him in spirit and truth.
- We yearn to live in communion with our Lord Jesus Christ and with one another through His word and prayer, while remaining doctrinally sound and culturally relevant to a lost and dying world.
- Our endeavour is to fulfil the Great Commandment and the Great Commission Christ gave to His Church. Consequently, we have made the great commandment our commitment and the great commission our mission.
- We offer opportunities for fellowship, worship, discipleship and evangelism to the members of our community.
statement of faith
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments in their original writing are fully inspired by God and accept them as the supreme and final authority for faith and life.
- We believe that in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, God has revealed Himself and given us an authoritative disclosure of His character and will.
- We believe in the sovereignty of the one God, eternally existing in three Persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that human beings, though created in the image of God, are sinful and guilty and lost without Christ, and that this truth is a necessary preliminary to the Gospel.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, as begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, is true God and true man.
- We believe that the biblical Gospel is God's enduring message to our world, and we determine to defend, proclaim and embody it.
- We believe that God is calling the whole Church to take the whole Gospel to the whole world, and so with each generation we resolve to give ourselves to this task with fresh determination in fulfillment of the Great Commission. We long to see all Christians trained for this task.
- We believe that other religions and ideologies are not alternative paths to God, and that human spirituality, if unredeemed by Christ, does not lead to God but to judgment and damnation, for Christ is the only way.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit's witness to Christ is indispensable to evangelism, and that without His supernatural work neither new birth nor new life is possible.
- We believe that the gifts of the Spirit are distributed to all God's people, and that the partnership of men and women in evangelism and ministry must be welcomed for the common good.
- In our relationship with God
- In our relationship with our families
- In our relationship with one another
- In our relationship with our church
- In our relationship with the wider body of Christ
- In our relationship with broader society